What an Effed up Day!

Today was one of my worst days in Atlanta. Of course, nothing compared to that day last August when I missed my connection flight in Dallas, Texas. I was going from North Carolina to Tampico and had to stay in Dallas for the night. Then in Tampico, the very next day I crash (I swear it was that Taxi's fault), and that weekend a venomous worm stings me and my hand gets all swollen up, and it burnt a whole lot. I even got a fever and couldn't even feel my whole arm. I would have never guessed those little, fuzzy-looking guava worms did all that!

Anyway, back to my bad day here. I woke up late. Lately, I've been having that problem. Dang. I was doing my exercises for the class I took today when I started looking over today's agenda to see if I had missed anything. Turns out I had to micro-teach, but I didn't know who my partner was. The paper only had my name on it, and I didn't ask anybody to tell me what they had written on theirs. Anyway, I did the activity by myself so that I had something to present that day. I didn't mind that I didn't know who my partner was.


I got to school at around 4pm just in time to make copies for the activity. My PowerPoint presentation was done, and I felt proud of it. Since I didn't finish my lab at home, I was finishing standing up on the subway. I finished it all right, but my time was counted. I made the copies once I was in my office. When I was done with that, I ran to class all the way across the university. I found a classmate and started bitching about my problems. lol He said the only thing he could do for me was to check on his calendar for the class. So he did and told me I wasn't even on it. Go figure.

Anyway, it was almost time to go into the classroom when the every so popular saying, "shit happens," sprang to mind; I forgot the notebook I was holding when I got off the subway to go to my office to do the copies! My homework was in there. Evidently annoyed by that situation, another, more-cheeful-than-me classmate offers herself to let our teacher know my situation and that I'd be a little late as a consequence. So there I go walking all the way back to my office, I get my notebook and head back to class. It took me about 20 minutes to come back to class.

Once in class, after the break was over, I asked one of the classmates responsible for the presentation today if I was on the list with them. He said, not at all. I had prepared that micro-teaching session for nothing. While in class, I felt a little lost, too, and it couldn't have been any other way; I didn't read one of the long articles for today's class. Deep down, I know this is all my fault because I've been slacking off lately. :S The last part of the class was an activity that showed relaxation techniques for the classroom and that helped me a lot for my own sake today!

Every Wednesday, five minutes before class is over, I leave to go to another building (passing the building where my office is) to teach a Spanish 1002 class, and today was no exception. If anything went well today, it has to be my Spanish class. Everything went smoothly, and we had a variety of activities that everybody seemed to like. We saw a short clip of "Bety la Fea," the original Colombian soap opera.

Once I came back home, I asked for the key for the laundry room at our building. Would you believe that our washing machine/drier broke down again and no one has been to our apartment to fix it! That sucks, but hopefully, we'll get a new one. Our rent isn't exactly low, I mean, we better get a new one, if not one that doesn't mess up that often.

So that was today in a nutshell. Let's see how tomorrow goes!

Published originally on October 28, 2009

Comments